From engagement to ever after Islam-based secrets to building a solid, loving, tranquil relationship
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا لِّتَسْكُنُوا إِلَيْهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَكُم مَّوَدَّةً وَرَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
“And among His signs is that He has created mates for you from among your own selves (the human family), that you may take comfort in them, and He ordained affection and mercy between you. There are indeed signs in that for a people who reflect.” (30:21)
Sometimes, our marriage reveals a gap we need to address in ourselves. Sometimes, we need just a bit of inspiration to nudge us towards our better selves, so we can shine with our better halves. Maybe our marriage is smooth and comfortable, but would nonetheless benefit from a boost. Maybe our marriage feels lopsided, and we need to recenter our niyyah, our intention, around Allah (swt).
A calendar is one of the best ways to organize, keep up our priorities and have a good reminder. Alḥamdulillāh with the effort of the Kisa Family Marriage team we are looking into different ways of helping couples strengthen their bond and communication. This monthly Marriage Connection Calendar is a new resource to help enhance your connection to Allah (swt) through your connection with your spouse. This monthly series aims to give our marriages a little push, every day, by focusing on twelve different aspects of wholesome, healthy marriages, from taqwā, or God-consciousness, in April, to ṣabr, or patience, in August. Within each month are small daily activities to connect our goal to Allah (swt), take account of ourselves, and leverage our actions within our marriage for the best results.
The monthly activities will be released every month
Download April calendar here!
Download May calendar here!
Download June calendar here!
Download July calendar here!
Download August calendar here!
Volunteer for Kisa Family as a research associate
Resources for Marriage
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Upcoming Research Project
Kisa Family is conducting research in collaboration with scholars to answer frequently asked questions in our community. These questions come from you! So, send in any questions on which you need clarity!
Nikkah & Wedding
- What are fair and important points to include in a prenuptual agreement? What should be excluded?
- What are wedding night guidelines?
- What are wedding night aamaal?
- What nights should you not do you wedding night (Islamically)
- What do the Ahlul Bayt teach us about the proper way to have a wedding?
- Setting your mehr & marriage contract
- Finance of wedding
- What is the appropriate amount to spend on wedding preparations and events?
- What is financial responsibility of each spouse/spouses family?
- What information should be shared with the spouse about the other’s family?
- How to make sure you have the same ethics and values?
- New brides and dress codes