Grandparenthood | Seniors
Spiritual, Social and Health guidance and events for the jewels of the community
وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ۚ إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِندَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلَاهُمَا فَلَا تَقُل لَّهُمَا أُفٍّ وَلَا تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَقُل لَّهُمَا قَوْلًا كَرِيمًا
“and treat parents with the best of kindness. Should one of them, or both of them, attain old age in your lifetime, do not say “Ugh!” to them (as an indication of complaint or impatience), nor push them away, and always address them in gracious words.” (17:23)
Fasting from food and drink is just one way of fasting. People may not be able to fast from food or drink because of health conditions, but can still make the most of this month. Kisa Family Seniors group has created a list of ways on making this month special. Please take a look and share with your loved ones. May Allah accept all your efforts this month
Volunteer for Kisa Family as a research associate
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Upcoming Research Project
Kisa Family is conducting research in collaboration with scholars to answer frequently asked questions in our community. These questions come from you! So, send in any questions on which you need clarity!
- What is my role as a grandparent?
- What are some ways I can bond with my grandchild?
- How can I connect with my grandchildren if they live far away?
- What are the right ways for me to pray if I can no longer sit on the ground?
- How do I write a will?
- How can I feel spiritually connected in the month of Ramadan if I can no longer fast?